Skip to main content

Selma Blair Celebrates 7-Year Triumph: "Truly Relapse-Free" in Her Battle with MS

Selma Blair shared an optimistic medical report regarding her struggle with multiple sclerosis.

The 52-year-old actress, who disclosed her diagnosis with MS in 2018, shared on Thursday that she is currently experiencing no signs of symptom recurrence for this long-term, autoimmune condition.

"The 'Legally Blonde' actress said she has been feeling fantastic for around a year now," she stated. People magazine. But I'm finally healthy enough to truly, honestly... I consistently strive to look and feel my best, but now that I actually possess endurance and vitality, venturing out doesn’t seem as daunting anymore.

Now that her health has gotten better, Blair revealed to People that she is giving more consideration to what she aims to achieve in the days ahead.

Selma Blair Delves Into MS Diagnosis in Documentary

“It’s amusing. I haven’t devoted much time to dreaming. Now it feels like, ‘What are my aspirations?’” she remarked.

REVIEW ON THE FOX NEWS APPLICATION

"Perhaps because of the diagnosis ... you feel exhausted constantly. I spent a significant part of my life feeling drained due to poor health, so I believe I was simply focused on making it through each day," Blair stated.

“And now it’s more like, ‘Hold up, I’ve come to understand that I’m not clear about my objectives.’”

LIKED THIS ARTICLE? CLICK HERE TO EXPLORE MORE ENTERTAINMENT STORIES

The "Cruel Intentions" star mentioned that her present plans lean more towards her career, stating to the publication that she "would love" to get back into acting and revealed she has several ventures in the works.

In January, Variety reported Blair was set for an acting resurgence with roles in three pending films: "Stay Forte," a drama centered around the conflict between Israel and Hamas; " Silent," a supernatural thriller; and "There They Are,” which delves into the lives of twin brothers under the direction of actual twins, Michael and Mark Polish.

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE ENTERTAINMENT NEWSLETTER

Besides her work as an actor, Blair, who released her 2022 memoir titled "Mean Baby: A Memoir of Growing Up," revealed to People magazine that she intends to pen a young adult novel in the fantasy genre.

After sharing her diagnosis, Blair has been candid about her challenges. with MS Moreover, she has utilized her influence to bring attention to the cause and lend support to those afflicted with the condition.

During her conversation with people, the actress mentioned that she plans to keep advocating for those dealing with chronic illnesses and improving their lives, especially when they haven’t articulated their desires. She pondered how one can find a renewed sense of vitality under these circumstances.

In August 2018, Blair revealed her MS diagnosis in an emotional Instagram post.

"I have #multiplesclerosis. I am in an exacerbation," she wrote in part. "By the grace of the lord, and will power and the understanding producers at Netflix, I have a job. A wonderful job. I am disabled. I fall sometimes. I drop things. My memory is foggy. And my left side is asking for directions from a broken gps.

She went on, 'But we are going ahead with it. And I find myself laughing, even though I’m not entirely sure of what I’ll do specifically, I promise to give it my all.'

Blair has been in remission from MS since 2021, after she underwent stem cell transplantation to treat the condition.

The actress formerly documented the ups and downs of her battle with the disease in her 2021 documentary, " Introducing Selma Blair."

Original article source: Selma Blair says she's 'truly relapse-free' after 7-year battle with MS

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

'Happiest Day': Donor’s Sister Hears Her Heartbeat in Cincinnati Man

CINCINNATI (WKRC) - Brian Ellis, a Cincinnati resident, met the family of his heart donor for the first time, three years after receiving the life-saving transplant. Ellis, who was diagnosed with giant cell myocarditis in 2022, said he was in perfect health until the rare heart condition left him clinging to life. "I found immense satisfaction in being able to convey to those kids that they have a resilient and amazing mother," stated Ellis following his encounter with the family of Sharara Winters, his heart donor. Caption: Brian Ellis, a Cincinnati resident, met the family of his heart donor for the first time, three years after receiving the life-saving transplant. (Markeisha Winters, Gift of Hope, Lori Ellis, WKRC) A 36-year-old mother of seven named Winters passed away during the delivery of her eighth child. Her sister, Markeisha, expressed, "This situation is incredibly difficult as she had...

Is the U.S. Abandoning Europe? A Look 80 Years Post-WWII

Seventy-five years have passed since World War Two concluded in Europe. Over this time, the United States has maintained security across the continent. However, Donald Trump is currently casting doubt on this longstanding arrangement. On May 8, 1945, the German Wehrmacht capitulated, signaling the conclusion of World War II in Europe. The conflict started on September 1, 1939, with Germany’s invasion of Poland. However, fighting persisted in Asia for several additional months until Japan gave up unconditionally. Notably, just before this, Adolf Hitler, the totalitarian leader of Germany, took his own life within the confines of the "Führer" Bunker located in Berlin. The horrors of this war exceeded those of all preceding conflicts: approximately 60 million individuals perished globally, six million Jews were systematically killed by the Nazi regime, extensive regions across Europe lay devastated, and countless people went missing or found themselves displaced. ...

Ringkasan Kuarter Final Sudirman Cup 2025: Jepang Menuju Pembalasan, Malaysia dan Indonesia Sejalan Dengan Nasib Serupa 2 Tahun Lalu

Folknews IDChina dan Jepang muncul sebagai juara di sesi pagi babak delapan besar Sudirman Cup 2025. Di sisi lain, Malaysia merasakan kekecewaan karena peluang yang hilang. China dan Jepang bersatu ria meraih kemenangan kilat 3-0 atas musuh masing-masing di fase perempatfinal Sudirman Cup 2025 yang berlangsung di Fenghuang Gymnasium, Xiamen, China, Jumat (2/5/2025). China menundukkan Malaysia yang tak mampu bertahan melewati tiga set awal yang memang sulit untuk Aaron Chia/Soh Wooi Yik dan kawan-kawan. Oleh karena itu, ketiganya adalah partai awal dalam order-of-play Memuat dua bidang di mana tim Negara Tetangga kurang meyakinkan yakni bulu tangkis tunggal putra dan tunggal putri. Pasangan ganda campuran Chen Tang Jie/Toh Ee Wei tidak berhasil melanjutkan perjuangan Malaysia usai dikalahkan oleh Feng Yan Zhe/Huang Dong Ping pada pertandingan pembuka. Leong Jun Hao juga gagal menampilkan kejutannya kembali pada babak grup ketika berhadapan dengan lawan yang memi...